Thursday, January 27, 2011

My Obsession


I seem to be a very normal person. I am married for almost 7 years and have the amazing children. I enjoy being a wife and a mother. I have a small business and awaiting placement for nursing school. I keep myself busy making crafts and decorating. Anything "do it yourself" is my kinda thing. People are often amazed that I have 3 young children, have a clean house, going to school, small business, and have time to be crafty. But really this is all to keep my mind busy from my thoughts.


I have Obsessivee Compulsive Disorder.

My mind just won't stop. It is full of guilt, doubt, and worry. I sometimes can't tell between reality and my fears. My fears control my life. I worry that I will become this awful person. I worried if I have done awful things and just can't remember. I obsess daily if I am not the perfect mom for my children. I have intrusive thoughts that will not leave my mind. I have to perform rituals do help ease the anxiety.


That is my story.
What is yours?

5 comments:

  1. I can definitely relate. I also have bi-polar, OCD, and drepression. To top it all off my oldest son was recently diagnoised with ADHD. I feel like I'm constantly fighting a war with in myself just trying to hold it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. kati I have the same thing, stupid guilt over dumb things or things that mean nothing.
    I find it amusing how similar we are! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He was just diagnoised two weeks ago, but it has been an on-going need that has needed to be addressed. It's a nightmare tyring to work with medications and to cope with his emotional roller coasters on top of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. dear lynette,
    u are greatly loved by many. i think as you share these experiences of yours, and how you overcome them or not... but having people see you persevere through the hard things. you are helping others feel inspired and move forward through there own fears. keep it up. you are wonderful ♥

    ReplyDelete