Tuesday, March 1, 2011

[Taking Care!}


sometimes we just have to laugh at ourselves...

I met with my therapist today. What a wonderful thing that was. I am grateful I live in a time where people like me can get help before their lives become out of control.
I have times I feel I am crawling out of my skin. I feel so happy now, not because of med, (I'm on an extremely low dose) but all the therapy is helping. Lets talk it out.
She thought the blog was wonderful, btw...

Getting healthy. As a mom I always put my needs last. The kids always need something, the hubby needs whatever, laundry to be done, dishes are multiplying....

I get lost in it all at times. I forget to take care of myself. I always thought it went:
1) Kids
2)Marriage
3)Me
In talking to my therapist I realized I have been doing it all wrong! It SHOULD go:
1)ME
2)Marriage
3)Kids

Its so opposite from what one might think, especially as a mom.
So what does a mom do with 3 (or more or less) kids to take care of herself?
Here is a list I have began compiling:

1) Journal- I have begun!
2) Plant a garden (or take up any hobby- I planted a garden)
3) Excercise- gotta get those endorphins!
4) Eat Healthy- You'd be AMAZED what eating healthy can do for your mood! (and waistline)
5)Date your spouse

Taking care of yourself is job one, it may feel weird at first, especially if you're like me, but so far it has actually worked!

Here's to a great week! Hope everyone is feeling good!


"Laughing at others' misfortunes can shorten our lives; Laughing at ourselves can lengthen it"
Lynette

2 comments:

  1. I'm working on putting more effort into myself, it's amazing how it's actually not easy in this busy busy life.

    I'm glad you are working on it too :)

    ReplyDelete