Sunday, February 13, 2011

{One Year}

Tomorrow will mark the one year anniversary since I finally got help with my anxiety!
I have suffered from anxiety since I was very young. I don't even know the age when it started, but I was very young.
I never knew that I had a problem. I just thought everyone was like that.
It wasn't until I had this feeling to tell a good friend about everything that was going through my mind. That was the beginning of my recovery. She helped me tell my husband my problems. She helped me get help from my doctor. With out her, I do not think I would have got help.
It was just talking about these issues that made me realize that I am not the only one out there.
She was suffering the same thing that I was.
Which is so crazy, because I never knew she was suffering all those years we were friends.
I always wanted to be her. She is gorgeous, skinny, and the best mom ever! She was everything I wanted to be. She was outgoing and had lots of friends.
I never knew that I was just like her.
An OCD sufferer!
Since then, I have been open about my struggles. You just never know who needs to hear it.
This is why I jumped on board when Lynnette talked about starting up this blog. People need to hear that they are not the only ones out there that feel this way.
So today, I am celebrating one year of finally getting my life in order. It has been a long and hard process. I am still not 100% but I know someday I will be.

2 comments:

  1. I felt the same way! I have suffered from severe anxiety and panic attacks since i was very very young, and i also thought that it was a normal thing for me to feel in a constant state of panic. Little did i know that it was far from normal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like there's a lot of strength in just KNOWING, right?? I felt like there was so much wrong with my brain! Then i was diagnosed and it was like a light went on on my head!

    ReplyDelete