Friday, February 25, 2011

{Discovering One's Self}

I am a good person.

I tell myself that about 30x's a day, thanks to my my therapist. I cannot believe that I'm 24 and just now discovering myself. Anyone else feel like that?
My bipolar has had me on a pretty crazy maniac phase this week. I have to keep myself in check. I am taking a class that teaches about going "Lympic" which is where your brain trigers to the back of your brain, or 'survival mode' and you're not really "there." This is when an drug addict wants drugs more then anything. Its the animal instinct kicking in mixed with the addiction.
My "Lymphic" cycle has me beating myself up and my OCD keeps the thoughts coming and coming. You want to know the trick? This changed my life. You SLOW DOWN....take a breathe...and SLOW DOWN again. That kicks your brain from survival mode to thinking mode. And you're intelligent again!
The key to mastering, as with anything, is PRACTICE. Easier said the done right? ;)

I am sharing an affirmation with you that I love (I downloaded the app actually)

"I will remain confident and unaffected by negative attitudes around me."

For a fun challenge you should find a affirmation that fits you (you can google it), write it on a 'post it' and slap it on your bathroom mirror. Repeat to self 10x for 3 different times a day.

I'm changing the way I see the world and am hoping I find happiness.

ps We lowered the abilify....


Love Lynette

No comments:

Post a Comment