Tuesday, February 22, 2011

{Taking my Life Back}

It is time to take my life back.
I am tired of OCD taking over my life.
I am tired of relapsing.
I am so tired of thinking I have done something that I didn't do

What I am experiencing is False Memories, memories that were created by my anxiety. The idea was implanted into my head by a dream. The dream wasn't real. But the more I thought it could be true, the more of the memory would come back. It was vague yet it was still there. So I just believed that if there is a memory than it has to be real.

But this is WRONG! So Wrong. Your brain is such a powerful thing. It can make you think and feel things that are just not real. You can worry about things so irrational. When you tell someone else, they just think it is crazy, but to you it's so real.

This memory is not real. This never happened. It doesn't matter what my brain tells me. It is wrong. My heart tells me otherwise. The Spirit tells me other wise. My journal entries and all my other memories tell me otherwise. But there will always be that "doubt" that little imp in my mind telling me "yeah, but.." I just have to overcome it.

Today, I am not going to allow myself to believe it is real. I am going to KNOW it is not real, it is my OCD brain talking to me. I have to overcome this. It has been way too long. It has taken away so much from. I have a family. I don't want to miss those little things just becuase my mind is somewhere else.

I have to overcome my OCD

1 comment: